Kidney Friends
Stress Quiz - Printable Version

+- Kidney Friends (http://www.kidney-friends.net)
+-- Forum: Lifestyles (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Nutrition, Exercise, and Tips (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Stress Quiz (/showthread.php?tid=990)

Stress Quiz - sunshine - 07-04-2007 03:41 PM

How do you handle stress?
Stress is a fact of life. It can come from any life change or unexpected event, even a happy one such as a promotion. You need a certain amount of stress to keep you focused and motivated. But when the stress level gets too high, it has the opposite effect - you feel upset and have trouble concentrating. If this continues over the long term, it can increase your risk of health problems, including heart disease, depression, infections, and sleep problems.

That's why it is so important to learn how to cope with stress. Everyone responds to stress in their own way. There is no "right" way to handle stress - you need to find out what works for you. Do our quiz to find the best way for you to handle stress.

take the quiz
quiz

My Results

Quote:Here's how you deal with stress
Everyone has a different way of dealing with stress. No way is "better" than others, but each has its own ups and downs. As you read the rest of your results, think about how your coping style affects your actions and emotions.

How do you approach a stressful situation?

When you're under stress, you like to deal with your feelings up front. You recognize and work through the emotions that you feel in the situation. This can be very healthy, as you are in touch with yourself and can deal with your emotions. However, make sure that you are also able to look at the situation objectively when it's time to deal with it.

How does stress affect you physically?

When you're stressed, everybody knows it. Although you need to "vent" your frustrations, getting too upset can be hard on your health. It may also be hard on others if you take out your stress on them. If you find that you are getting too "worked up", try some of our coping tips.

How do you relate to others when you're stressed?

When you're stressed, you like to get some help from your friends and family. You have found a happy medium: you are not cutting yourself off from your support network, but you are not becoming too dependent on others either.

Are you kind to yourself when you are stressed?

When it comes to the crunch, you put in some extra work, but you're careful to keep some personal time. You have found a good compromise between hard work and taking care of yourself.

How much control do you need?

When everything's changing around you, you go with the flow. You realize that change, like stress is a fact of life. You have found a way to adapt to change, and still feel like you are in control.

How well are you coping with stress?

In general, you're doing a pretty good job of coping with stress. But your body is still giving you some stress signals. Listen to your body, and learn how to reduce your stress level.

RE: Stress Quiz - shay - 07-04-2007 05:13 PM

My friend Adam is the complete opposite of me! lol

RE: Stress Quiz - sunshine - 07-06-2007 04:33 PM

well, I try to remove myself from a stressing situation if possible.
Sometimes I just try to occupy myself with something, anything to take my mind of whatever may be stressing me out. Get out and focusing on other things such as a drive, walk or even call a friend helps, don't forget shopping Smile

RE: Stress Quiz - shay - 07-06-2007 05:54 PM

OH no! I forgot to post my answers!! I really though I did post them. lol Well, here they are anyway:

Quote:Here's how you deal with stress
Everyone has a different way of dealing with stress. No way is "better" than others, but each has its own ups and downs. As you read the rest of your results, think about how your coping style affects your actions and emotions.

How do you approach a stressful situation?
You like to face up to the situation right away, find a solution, and act to solve the problem. This is great for getting the job done. It also gives you peace of mind because you have taken action. However, you may sometimes neglect your feelings, and they may come back to surprise you later. Don't forget to find time to relax once the job is done.

How does stress affect you physically?
You may show some signs of stress, but it does not seem to be taking control of you. You have found a healthy balance: you are not holding the stress in, but you aren't taking it out on others either.

How do you relate to others when you're stressed?
When you're stressed, you like to get some help from your friends and family. You have found a happy medium: you are not cutting yourself off from your support network, but you are not becoming too dependent on others either.

Are you kind to yourself when you are stressed?
When it comes to the crunch, you push yourself hard. This can get results, but it can also create unhealthy stress. Make sure that you take time for yourself when things get stressful. This will keep you healthy and give you the energy to go on.

How much control do you need?
When things are changing around you, you try to control everything. This may help you feel better, but eventually, you'll get tired of struggling against the tide. Focus on trying to control things that you can actually change and that are most important to you. You may actually find it easier to feel in control when you accept that you cannot control everything.